Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quick Movie Review: Get Over It

5/10

Why on Earth did I watch this?

Short answer; I was doing some minor level, boring filing type job and had the film on in the background. It didn't really gain much of my attention throughout.

It's basically a teen movie (which makes me, at 27, feel a bit creepy) about a boy whose gifrlfriend dumps him and he decides to join up with the schools terrible Midsummer Night's Dream musical to try and win her back.

I was going to turn it off, but it then brought on Martin Short (who I claimed made his last decent movie in the shape of Three Amigos!) and things picked up - he says such lines as "Shakespeare was a great poet, but Burt Bacharach he ain't", and has frequent manic episodes which really made many of his scenes a watchable experience.

Other than Short, the main characters parents, who in their leniency are definitely the worst parents ever, add some more much needed comic relief but nothing much else really jumps out.

A fairly enjoyable hour and a half, but nothing more than that.

A

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you wrote an entire review of this film without mentioning Shane West's 'British' accent!

    Oh, and the bit where our hero changes the ending of the play...and the audience applauds his fine romantic spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear god... I doubt the audience knew the play

    I forgot to big up the clumsy girl too. She was quite funny.

    ReplyDelete