Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick Movie Review: Jumanji

5/10

Having finally seen Jumanji, a good 14 years after it would have been cool, I'm not sure I am that gutted I never saw it before.

The effects have not worn particularly well, neither has the plot, which exists purely as a way of introducing countless effects sequences and while supposedly dealing with the danger of missed opportunities and not being afraid of growing up is in fact all about monkeys driving police cars.

Nothing wrong with that - significant comedy mileage to be had from monkeys driving police cars.

Meh. It just didn't grab me, plus the kids deserve all they get for playing a 2 dimensional roll and move game like Jumanji. Where's the auction mechanic? The multiple paths to victory? (I am joking)

Maybe I was in the wrong mood, and sure it was a bit of fluffy fun for an afternoon with your virus checker but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to others, so it gets an almost definitive 5/10.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment