Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A note on re-organisation

Hi folks and welcome back to Wall Shadows!

It's been too long, believe me.

Just a quick note to say over on the right hand side of your screen I've alphabetised every single film I have ever rated (even if I've not reviewed them).

Those that have accompanying reviews can be reached by clicking the links provided. There are lots so please let me know if you have any particular favourites.

I am taking suggestions and volunteers to teach me how to improve the site, but I rely on your word of mouth to get people reading and enjoying it - so if you like a review feel free to retweet it or whatever you want. Just don't try to pass it off as your own.

Thanks for your patience to those who have been waiting - and welcome to any new readers who may have stumbled into my blog. Nice to have you here.

A

1 comment:

  1. Algo - Couple of suggestions for updates to the blog. Check out my Process Cafe or Musings Cafe for more information (These, incidentally, came from an article I read an attracting visitors and keeping them)

    1) Add the subscribe option at the top of your sidebar, not part way down. Make it obvious
    2) Remove the blog archive section. Nobody searches by date, they search by title or content.
    3) Add a search bar. (Obvious really in the context of the previous option)
    4) Add a re-tweet function to each post (You can add it to the post template. Use Backtype (http://www.backtype.com/widgets) to do this for you.)

    That's probably enough for now... :)

    Gaz

    ReplyDelete