Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When in doubt, do an interview!

The following is an "interview" first published on the capslock GABSTAR blog. Yay!



01. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Firefly. Futurama. Band Of Brothers. Twin Peaks Season One (Only because I can't get my greasy mitts on a copy of season two). Sopranos. X-Files (even season 7... I know I know...) Babylon 5. Battlestar Galactica. This is usually because I watched them then watched them with Mrs Algo. Oh, and QI.

02. Name a show you can't miss:
House, Heroes (series 3 is turning out to be quite good), The Daily Show With John Stewart, Dr Who, QI, I can;t miss them because of BT Vision's season record feature. Yay!

03. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Hugh Laurie, Nathan Fillion, Bradley Whitford

04. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
- David Schwimmer oh dear god, how does that guy get work. I have hatreds of most of the lame unfunnies from sitcoms. David Spade gets a big dog turd on his doorstep from me.

05. Name a show you can and do quote from:
- Futurama why not? Family Guy!

06. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys:
- Noone seems to like Heroes any more. It's clearly not cool these days. Terminifitator as well.

07. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song:
The Buffy one! Neow! Neow Neow Neow! By Nerf Herder, who even have a geeky name. Genius.
Firefly's which is lovely
It's a contractural obligation to sing the song to Red Dwarf.
(I should point out I now skip the tedious intro to TNG - YUCK!)

08. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch:
- Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe. Scribbles is in my head!
- Twin Peaks. Too many of my generation never saw it. Amazing stuff.
- Band of Brother is what Saving Private Ryan should be.
- The Wire - yes everyone says it's good but thats because it's really good. It's rare that hype is justified but here it really is.
-Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - failed in my opinion because it features the least likable leading lady in history and she's supposed to be a comedy actress but isn't even slightly funny. Everything else in this show is great.

09. Name a TV series you own on DVD:
- I own so blooming many. So I'll say lots, though I am proudest of my complete DVD sets of the X Files, Captain Scarlet, Babylon 5 and The West Wing

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television:
-It's got to be Hugh Laurie. It's inhuman what he's done.

11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
- Favourite series? Nah. Not going to get into that.
Favourite TV moments?
- In The Sopranos where Tony takes his friend on the boat but has to kill him since he's a traitor.
- In the X Files when they find the tunnels and tunnels full of filing cabinets with medical records and Fox's name was taped over with his sister's.
- In Futurama when we first meet Zapp Brannigan - Love's Labour's Lost in Space
- The first episode of Captain Scarlet is one ofthe best things you will ever see.
- Millions more

12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch but you just haven’t gotten around to yet:
- Spooks. Never had time what with all the other shows. Nice that the front covers of the box sets show you who dies though, eh?

13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
- Oh yes. Stand up, ST:Voyager!

14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times:
- Sadly I am not one of nature's cryers. Sorry about that.

15. What do you eat when you watch TV?
- It is shaming to admit but we usually eat our main meal of the day in front of the TV. I know, how very lower class....

16. How often do you watch TV?
- All the time, when not watching movies. Do you all know I write a movie Blog? It's over at wall-shadows.blogspot.com

17. What's the last TV show you watched?
- We watched two episodes of Buffy tonight. We're in the middle of season two. One was the one where Ms Calendar finally runs out of luck and the other was the weird creepy demon who kills kids in the hospital. We then watched Robert Altman's The Long Goodbye.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV?
- There are only two types of TV, Good and Bad. I prefer good.

19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
- Ulysses 31. I was an early bloomer. It was the first show me and my brothers actually watched all the way through. It looks toss now.

20. What TV show do you wish you never watched?
- I wish I'd never seen an episode of Lost. I was initially intrigued, but pretty much immediately bored. then everyone was going on about how great it was. I don't have the inclination to go back. Sorry Lost fans.

21. What is the weirdest show you enjoy?
- Easy. Twin Peaks.

22. What TV show scared you the most?
- Plus when I was very small I was terrified of Grotbags.
It was Zelda out of Terrahawks for me. Bloody terrifying!

23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
- Easily Futurama.

24. Do you prefer TV to films?
- No. TV series always have the chance to tell huger, more deep stories but ALWAYS mess it up. The closest we came was with Babylon 5(imho) but then the 5th season destroyed everything. They're very good but I think Films will always have the edge for me.

25. Name 3 TV relationships that you love.
Ooooh! Ooooh! A girly question!
- Dr Greg House and Dr James Wilson is the best written unequal friendship ever, I think.
- Josh and Donna from The West Wing
- Tim and Daisy in Spaced

A

No comments:

Post a Comment