Monday, November 24, 2008

This Week and This Weekend

This weekend I have been up in Essex in the Studio recording so my apologies for the glut of reviews I have dumped on you all - three, for Disturbia, Snakes On A Plane and Annie Hall.

It also raised an interesting question. What on earth does "Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements?" mean? I've looked at it from several angles but I can't make sense of it. To be honest for ages I thought the line was "chasing payments", which may well have been a function of the battle with the council I was having at the time.

This is also the time of year when the band wheels out the traditional Wizzard and Slade for our Christmas show next week. It's irritating to learn a song for one show, but since it's one you hear all the time and people sing along no matter what anyway I don't think we'll have much trouble.

As ffor the week ahead I'll be spending it on the set with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law (hope none of my readers are there) and also Guy Richie to do some dock scenes for the new Sherlock Holmes. I'm pretty sure the luck of getting five days on this project is linked to guilt on my agent's part for the Boris Johnson fiasco so I'm not knocking it. It's rare for five days work come along at once.

This does mean that since I have to get all the way to Chatham and back every day (I'm hoping some nice guy will agree to drive for petrol money) your movie blog goodness may suffer.

My apologies and I'm sure we'll be back on track this time next week.

Until then, good reader.Until then...

A

No comments:

Post a Comment