Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Should I be insulted?

I was at a casting today...

I don';t know what my agency's malfunction is but surely there is usually a good argument to be made in favour of actually finding out what it is a casting for and telling the guy who has to go there?

This particular one was for a B.. sigh.. a Boris Johnson lookalike thing for a chocolate company. Look, I accept I'm a little portly and fair skinned, but I really didn't want to think I look like that moron.

The other thing is, I usually have a beard. Not a Brian Blessed beard, but significant facial hairage. If the agency told me I'd have shaved for the cxasting. As it is I turned up for a casting to be Boris Johnson with a full beard. Needless to say I haven't heard back. they were very pleasant and kind and said they could "look through" the beard. Bless them for being nice but I haven't heard anything so it may be that my agent managed to cost me the job. Sigh... rant over.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment