Monday, December 1, 2008

So, this movie's cursed then...

That's what many of you may have thought about the story that appeared in The Sun over the weekend (I forget exactly which day since I was so tired).

Actually, the website version is slightly nearer the truth than that which was printed in the paper, which claimed the fuel truck, which was parked right next to the bus full of us extras (included myself) went up in a "fireball" (there was a small amount of flames that were quickly extinguished), and also claimed that Downey Jr had needed 6 stitches (he'd needed two) and that he'd been knocked out for "minutes" when he'd been out for seconds.

Ah, well... it may well be publicity action on the part of the producers and director. Fair play to 'em.

The slightly galling thing was that us extras were not given any indication of a problem with the truck, which was parked right next to our bus and even after the event noone came to reassure us or to say it was all sorted. Meh, I know we're not important, but we are human beings!

As for my part in the movie (heh, as if it can be called a "part")? Well, this is one you'll definitely be able to spot me in, as in a major fight scene RDJ is chased by another character underneath a log I am carrying with one other fella. The big guy then knocks the log out of our hands and out of shot. We then back off towards the door, as Dr Watson enters and fires his pistol to get all the mob out of the way.

Funny story - the first take RDJ ran round the outside of the log and the other guy carrying the log joked it would look better if he ran underneath instead and the big guy threw it away. Sure enough, two minutes later this became the plan (pretty sure it was decided on independently of us, though).

So that guy is me, if you go and see it.

The rest of the week was slightly less exciting for me unfortunately since that and a couple of short shots are all I was involved in for six days in total - this led to a lot of stir craziness as me and 33 other blokes were cooped up in a bus for 3 days solid at one point, which tends to drive you round the bend a little. Luckily, in my capacity as "bringer of the fun" I supplied a big box of poker chips, a selection of 200 traditional games and my Go set so tried to keep everyone alive for a while at least. In the week I learned to play Halma, Backgammon and also bashed through about 8 games of Go, teaching four others to play.

The things you do to stay sane, eh?

Oh, and to anyone I appear to have ignored over the last week, please bear in mind I've been getting up at 4am and arriving home at 8pm, so it's not been possible to stay as in touch as I may like.

'Til Next Time!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment