Friday, January 9, 2009

Would you say that I had a PLETHORA of reviews?

Oh yes.... you have a plethora!

I promised you'd be seeing reviews appear and golly here they are!

I'm still a little behind but I'm back on track and should be right up to date in the next couple of days.

To explain the shortness of many of them; I originally wrote one post and wrote them all in it, but thought I may as well separate them out for linking purposes. I hope you enjoy them. the only one that has content you need to click through to read is that for Fear City.

You may also notice (especially Gary over at musings cafe, who hates me doing this) that I have already awarded the first 10/10 of 2009. Simply put we have saved some real all time classics from our LoveFilm list for after the Christmas period (tomorrows movie is Kurosawa's Seven Samurai) and I have little hesitation in saying that The Apartment (which I have never seen before) truly deserves such lofty praise.

Full review to follow.

A

2 comments:

  1. Firstly - Well done for getting a 'Three Amigos' quote into you post title :-)

    Secondly - Thanks for the link back to the Musings Cafe

    Thirdly - A 10/10 for The Apartment???? I'm not actually going to say too much on this for 2 reasons
    1) It won't make much difference
    2) I had the opportunity to watch The Apartment on the TV over Christmas and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well written, well acted and both Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine are superb. I'm not sure it is a 10/10 on my scale but on the scale of 'would I watch this again if it was on today?', the answer is a resounding 'Yes!'

    I look forward to your review.
    C.C. Baxter: You hear what I said, Miss Kubelik? I absolutely adore you.
    Fran Kubelik: Shut up and deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In short, I can think of no way to improve upon it. That is what my 10/10 is all about.

    I appreciate there is no normal distribution coming into view in my review scoring, but normal distributions only occur when the input is random.

    My choice of movies to watch is not.

    A

    ReplyDelete