Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cajun Squirrel?

Last year myself and about 200 others participated in an excruciatingly long and tortuous day of filming at Charlton football club to advertise Walker's Crisps "Do Us A Flavour" campaign. Well, since the campaign was over by the time they paid us (grr...) they've really taken their sweet time choosing their flavours for voting.

But now, Walkers have finally decided on their six flavours for us to vote on this year to add another flavour to the age old set of Salt and Vinegar, Cheese and Onion, Prawn Cocktail, Roast Chicken and the original Ready Salted (I can't recall if Marmite and Worcester Sauce flavours are limited editions or not).

Here's what the folks at Walkers have chosen:
  1. Builder's Breakfast
  2. Fish and Chips
  3. Onion Bhaji (I have tried them and they're weak flavoured and rubbish)
  4. Crispy Duck and Hoisin
  5. Chilli and Chocolate
  6. Cajun Squirrel
I say they have chosen, because I have little doubt that the winner will be number 1 or 2, since these are certainly the ones that will be cheapest to imitate (except Onion, but these are rubbish) - and you can discount the 5 and 6 since however nice they are, I can't see too many people getting up the courage to try them.

Fish And Chips is SUCH A DULL FLAVOUR. Honestly. I hope I'm wrong though, since I anticipate this being the winner. We'll see.

I have bought all 6 and will let you know whether they suck or not. However, in the interests of my waistline (which is already too large) I will only have one pack a day.

Onion Bhaji is a bit insipid for my taste - and lets face it, all it is, is the curried onion flavour (since the flour bit comes from the potatoes). I think it's not really powerful enough to become a winner.

A

2 comments:

  1. Don't remind me about Charlton Athletic Football Club - a day that will live in infamy!

    Glad they've finally got round to deciding which flavours made the short list. I'm not sure- personally - which ones to go for but I actually think Chilli and Chocolate stands a good chance (providing it tastes reasonable of course). Surprisingly enough the best chilli's actually have chocolate in them (I found that out recently).

    Look forward to more updates on the flavour adventure.

    Gaz
    ("One, Two, Three.. Lift")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have flashbacks to "One.. Two... Lift... Three"

    I take it you mean the dish Chilli Con Carne(or in your case Chilli Con Veggie) rather than chillies themselves, since cocoa is a bean and the chilli pepper is, well, a pepper.

    I have actually made it with chocolate in the past and, so long as it is good dark chocolate is adds a real extra something.

    Just don't chuck a bar of dairy milk in there and expect it to be nice!

    A

    ReplyDelete