Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Return Of The First Lines Quiz!

To my email subscribers, please come to the site at Wall Shadows to make your guesses on the comment form - thanks!

Guess the 20 random songs from my collection by recognising the first line below;

  1. I lived alone... my mind was blank.... I needed time to think - to get the memories from my mind...
  2. I was working at the club in 1995, Sunday was the night when the Gay crowd came alive...
  3. Ooo Ooo... While the sun hangs in the sky and the desert has sand - while the waves crash in the sea and meet the land...
  4. Laying on the bathroom floor... kitty licks my cheek once more...
  5. AAAhhhhh Crazy blowing over with ideas, thousand ways to move a lover so sincere...
  6. Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind....
  7. Think of London - A small city. But dark - dark in the daytime. People sleep - sleep in the daytime. If they want to. If they want to.
  8. I could paint a picture with a pin, but a song would only scratch the skin...
  9. I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone, I recommend walking around naked in your living room...
  10. Papa I know you're going to be upset cos I was always your little girl...
  11. Here I go out to sea again, the sunshine fills my hair and dreams hang in the air...
  12. Everybody's restless and they've got no place to go. Someone's always trying to tell them something they already know...
  13. Children, behave - that's what they say when we're together.
  14. If you listen you can hear it - it's the laughter in the street. It's the motion and the music...
  15. Salty leave.... Salty Leave.... tell me the one about the friend you knew and the last good night that we toasted to...
  16. What do you get when you fall in love?
  17. There's a man I meet, lives up our street. He's a worker the council. Has been twenty years...
  18. She says there's ants in the carpets, dirty little monsters....
  19. There is lambs wool under my naked feet. The wool is soft and warm - gives off some kind of heat...
  20. I could feel at the time there was no way of knowing - fallen leaves in the night, who can say where they're blowing.... as free as the wind...

Guesses on the comment form below - honour and glory awaits the brave musical traveller.

And I promise there's none from Labyrinth this time.

A

7 comments:

  1. 6 - Don't look back in anger - Oasis
    10 - Papa don't preach - Madonna
    12 - is it Belle & Sebastian? Can't remember the name of the song but I could hum it to you.
    13 - I think we're alone now... was that Tiffany?
    16 - I'll never fall in love again. I'll take a wild stab at the singer and say Nancy Sinatra.
    18 - End of a Century - Blur

    Gabstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Gabster on 6 and 10 and 13.

    9 - I know this but will need to walk around with it in my head for a day or two before i is revealed to me..

    16 - I'm thinking someone like Dionne Warwick...?

    Others - haven't got a clue

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 has been recorded by loads of people.My version is by Elvis Costello.

    All of the lovely Gabstar's guesses were right except 12, which might be a cover, but since I can't hear her humming it I don't know.

    And the version of 13 was by Lene Lovich but yeah, it was Tiffany too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you'd get the first one, though Gary. Not a big Hair Metal fan?

    (clue! clue!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally got no. 9. Its Alanis Morissette with 'You Learn'. Told you it would come back to me if I let it noodle around inside my head...

    17. That's now sounding familiar. Hang on... "Dignity" by Prefab Spr- No! It's Deep Blue Some- No! Hang on.. Hang on... Deacon Blue!

    1. Still no idea about this one. Apparently I'm not a big Hair Metal fan... (Not Whitenake is it? or Def Leppard?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK Al, how's this?

    'Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm-hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm h-hmm...'

    G-STA

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. is of course number of the beast.

    ReplyDelete