Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I must've been working the ropes when your hand slipped from mine....

If anyone in the UK is yet to see the frankly transcendent performance by Elbow, the BBC Symphony Orchestra and the Chantage Choir on the BBC's own red button service I can't recommend it highly enough.

They perform the whole of last years Mercury Prize winning album, The Seldom Seen Kid.

I can't claim to know a lot about Elbow, and I've not heard much of their earlier albums (which I will now be seeking out as cash allows I'm sure) except for the single Fugitive Motel, of course.

They're a slow burner and a long term success story - something incredibly rare these days and since they seem like such genuine and grateful successes it is impossible to begrudge them much (though I do try). Please watch and enjoy.

A

1 comment:

  1. I've actually had 'Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid' on my 'to listen to' list for a couple of months. It was quite a coincidence that you posted this.

    I have the iplayer Radio2 concert playing as I type this.

    ReplyDelete