Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I want a Delorean!



I am a convert. Thanks in part to the fantastic album Stainless Style by Neon Neon and a burgeoning love of 80s over the topness I have decided it is now my ambition to one day drive and maybe own a Delorean. Not neccessarily one of the gold plated ones (!) but one of the lovely stainless steel jobbies.

Just look at them! What's not to love about that horrific square headlight look, or the fact that the doors make it look less like a car and more like a hi tech pair of nutcrackers.

I hear that in the real world they are underpowered, horrifically hard work to maintain and generally a very silly waste of time.

Pretty much the ideal car for me then!

As for the Stainless Style Album, it's a fantastically authentic album featuring one of my favourite singers in the whole world, Gruff Rhys from the Super Furry Animals. It's staggeringly beautiful electro pop marred only slightly by the occasional forays into rap music that keep it in my eyes from being a true classic.

Follow this link for a taster.

A

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about a Delorean, but if you want something from Back To The Future, they are auctionig off the original hoverboards from BTTF II

    Check them out on EbAy

    http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/957-Michael-J-Fox-hoverboard-Back-to-the-Future-II_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ014QQitemZ330248749614QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

    ReplyDelete