Thursday, June 12, 2008

This weekend

Well in true Algo form I am performing a gig on Sunday with two different bands on the same stage. I am trying to decide whether to change outfits, but I think that would be stupid.

I learn music by listening not by playing, a weird approach I am told, though I have an aversion to long rehearsals so maybe its a defence mechanism.

I dislike long rehearsals because once you get past a certain point, equal to twice the length of the set being learned, all progress stops and every sound you hear is awful. Both rehearsals this weekend would not exceed this rule of thumb so I shouldn't be a total vegetable by Sunday morning.

The other upside to all this is that I get to gig as a bass player, something I haven't done consistently for 5 years since Shadowplay got knocked on the head. It's great to be back on the bass thang again. That being said one of the songs needed some serious work to avoid there only being two notes to play in it, and then I would have definitely been envegetablated.

I will hopefully be able to play up to the needed standard since the expected audience is in the thousands! I'll let you know how it goes, dear reader.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment