Monday, June 23, 2008

Spain alter fabric of reality

I can't redict anything about this years Euro championships, but I did call Spain beating Italy - a bizarre turn of events if I ever saw it. This is totally overshadowed though by the even more bizarre defeat of Holland by Russia. What the hell happened guys? This means that Germany (for it will be them) will face either Russia or Spain in the Finals! Awesome.

So Germany vs Russia will be an easy German win,

Germany Vs Spain would be awesome and impossible to call I reckon.

The outside chance of a Turkey Spain final(Turkey/Russia is just a ridiculous outside chance) since either of those teams would be incredible. If that happened I would support the Turks because they have been the most exciting team bar the Dutch in this tournament. If they were somehow to beat Germany then they more than deserve to smash the Spanish in what would be a tasty final indeed neither team being known for their reliable defence.

I wish that was the case, but I think I expect the Germany Spain option - difficult to support the Spanish since they are famous for having a racist and bigoted coach, ut I can't possibly bring myself to support the Germans.

So its a tough call... my head says Germany are shoo ins for the cup, but my heart suspects cautiously that Russia have a great chance of repeating the Greece effect... so....

1st Russia
2nd Germany
3rd Spain/Turkey

Feel free to mock me for this choice when I am proven totally wrong.

A

1 comment: