Friday, June 27, 2008

Songs in other songs

SWEAR ALERT!

Tomorrow is another gig for the VW Combi van folks... be interesting ot see how many different kinds I see I reckon.

I hope I see some pimped out ones - Westwood style! Bam!

My personal favourite way of keeping the material we do fresh is by sticking other lyrics in the middle of songs. Most prevalently in the Robbie Williams song, Tripping, where I always refuse to do the Robbie Rap because it is shit. Just shit.

So I have done a different song a-capella in that little break every time, the following were some of the best:
  • The Hiphopapotamous vs. The Rhymenoceros - Flight of the Conchords
  • You should be dancing - Bee Gees
  • Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
But - SHOCK HORROR! - its not in our set tomorrow, so I have to think up something else and I think I have cracked it. One of our signature finsihing moves is the Medley and we do a freaking awesome one that goes
  1. Good Times - Chic
  2. Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
  3. Kiss - Tom Jones
And I am lucky that the Ting Tings just released Shut Up and Let Me Go - which fits perfectly over good times by Chic so problem solved... for now!

What are your favourite ideas for this sort of thing? Let me know and they may be coming to a stage near you soon!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment