Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I have to get you funked up. Story from Childhood.

I apologise if the load time is prohibitive on this, but OH.... MY... GOD....

Bootsy is legendary for his use of "The One" and here he explains it and how you can use it.

One of the most important minutes of my life was this footage, I think it was on the bbc's dancing in the street programme, and it totally changed my outlook on bass playing but also on music in general. Listen to any parliament or funkadelic track and you can hear them ALL taking this stuff on board. This man was and remains a musical Colossus.

See when you are a teenager you think you know it all, and I loved the Manic Street Preachers and such hard root note based music but I was getting jaded with the bass playing. Guitar seemed to be where that sort of music took you and screw those showboating ego kings of the six strings! This one minute of footage is probably the best value music lesson you or I will every have, so watch and have your eyes opened like I did.


1 comment:

  1. Bootsitastic. He was only about 18 when he joined James Brown and his playing has been an inspiration for so many. A truly funked up hero.

    ReplyDelete