Friday, September 12, 2008

Consequences Of Rationalisation

Now... just a quick one to say about movers and shakers on the big movie list, found to the right of the screen.

Most films that I take the time to see will usually be in the 5 and above category, this is not because of a problem in my mehtod, I think, but rather because being an unpaid reviewer I am not forced to watch films that are clearly terrible and against which I have been inoculated by rmour and word of mouth. Except The Strangers.

Ah, and about The Strangers, rationalisation has changed its rating from a 1/10 to a 2/10. This is because it simply doesn't fit the description of a 1/0 since technically they seem to have known how to use a camera. Do not take this as a recommendation.

I only handed out one of my special "A" ratings, to Big Trouble in Little China, since no reviewer of conscience could possibly bear to give it anything above a 4/10 on my scale, thing is, it knows what it is and despite being more than a little rubbish even as a spoof, it's good fun to watch with mates and a beer.

Elsewhere, for the most part things slipped down a peg or two - Atonement stayed where it is, which should make my own little Jiminy Cricket, Gary, happy at least. I intend, if time permits me, to go back and do little reviews for those films I haven't (about fifteen to twenty) so a bit more info is available.

Here's hoping that my regular readers like this so much they tell their mates to come read too. It's free to subscribe, folks!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment