Thursday, August 14, 2008

All good things must come to an end. So does the tale of the cheque.

Finally the saga of the council cheque is at an end and I can concentrate on just paying bills rather than fighting people to give back my own money.

I am still sending a complaint to the councils "head office" (?) since there are a couple of unanswered questions (many of them rhetorical - funny comments only please, to cheer me up!)

  • This whole delay stemmed from the fact that an operator at Southwark coucil believes the letter B is the Letter E (the problem was my address on the cheque). Even after a bit of UN phonetics (seemingly "Bravo" is spelt "Eravo"). Will he be ridiculed and made to feel small?
  • Why does it take three weeks to reissue a cheque when the first cheque took one week and it had get approval from the beginning of the process.
  • I have my suspicions. Is the delay caused by the fact I made an operator upset by phoning back every time the cheque didn't arrive and bollocking him? Every time I phoned up for three weeks, I was told it had been sent the day before. Are London councils that petty?
  • Why should I have to take the costs of overdraft interest and the bounced cheque? Will they reimburse my £30 charges?
  • Why did it take me acting like a jerk to get them to do anything at all?
Hopefully, this cheque will clear and we can leave this subject behind for good. Otherwise, I reserve the right to moan on the blog in the near future. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Yeay!

    At last. That money must seem oh so sweet now.

    Good job on the perseverance.

    Speaking of jobs.... anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly no,

    going crazy here! Damn credit crunch.

    Did just join Ray Knight as well, so possibly will have some joy with them. If you're with them, could I ask you to recommend me for some work?

    Hehe... it really is who you know. That's why.

    ReplyDelete