Friday, August 1, 2008

Movie Review: Algo's Movie Review Criteria

I rate movies based purely on my positive or negative reactions to them - if I don't feel strongly either way, they are a 5/10. The great thing about writing a blog is being allowed to be as opinionated and unfair as you like - its very liberating.

Kingdom Of Heaven, for example, got 6/10 for having a few good performances (from Saladin, Siddig and Ed Norton), Cat People got 5 cos I really couldn't care less - it wasn't bad, just average.

Oh, I should mention that being dull is for me the ULTIMATE and greatest crime a film can commit, even the awful ones tend to be fun. A film that is really really bad is worse than a fairly good, yet dull film, however (stand up, Alone In The Dark!). You'll read in the reviews whether I found it excruciatingly dull or not.

Despite my silly insistence on marks out of ten there are really only four types of films for me, good and bad; Dull and Interesting.

That's really it for my explanation - hope you all keep reading the reviews and this helps you understand where I am coming from.

2 comments:

  1. Presumably you can perm any combination as well: Good and interesting, good and dull etc....?

    OMG that now means you have 8 different classifications for a movie. How will you cope?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the grace of god, I will prevail. Oh damn...

    ReplyDelete