Sunday, August 24, 2008

In which Algo has a birthday, and gets two presents

Well... maybe more, but the main cool bits were my trip into Pentewan by bike, I haven't ridden a bike for a while and it was cool to get back in the saddle (literally) and I had great fun splashing through puddles and generally larking about, though this particular bike had toe loops on it, which I have never had on any bike I have ever owned so a couple of close calls as my usual technique of getting off a bike was rendered dangerous, if not impossible, by the fact my toes were essentially strapped to the pedals.

A word on cornish names - "PEN" (post return edit: this means "head" as in "Penbeachy" or "Pengiving") and "TRE" can basically be put in front of any two syllable and you'd get a Cornish place name, so watch out for Penalgo soon.

Anyway, I had a much better day today since I can see!!! I can also breathe which is not to be sniffed at either. We spent the morning rearranging the tent into its new home and setting up our new sleeping space just outside the caravan, which means our nightly trudge up the hill is now no more (thank goodness for that!) It feels like we did much more than three or four times, but that's all it was.

Pentewan beach is half taken up with a private caravan park's beach but a quick trip around the first head and we found a pile of ex-cliffside rocks and a lot of little rock pools with attendant sea anememones and some fish etc.

Have a holiday snap!
Anyhoo.. evening time we went to Truro and had an excellent meal at a restaurant not far from the Cathedral - Mussels and Duck. Wow it's great being near the sea. The only mussels I get in London are either out of a jar or £25 a helping.

Sweet.

Thanks to all for your messages of Birthday greetings. Had a great one thanks.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment